Recipe by Hey Jude
An easy lasagna recipe using egg noodles instead of the traditional lasagna noodles. This is a great 'clean out the cupboard & fridge' recipe! The original recipe calls for mascarpone instead of the ricotta (which I use). Use mascarpone if you wish...it's just always easier for me to find ricotta at the store. You could also use cream cheese instead of ricotta.
- 226.79 g package wide egg noodles
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3.69 ml salt, divided
- 737.08 g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 226.79 g package ricotta cheese
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef, green onions, garlic and 1/2 teaspoons salt in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring 10 minutes or until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Stir in tomato-basil pasta sauce and pepper. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- While meat sauce is simmering, prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles. Stir together noodles, ricotta cheese, 1 cup sour cream and remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt until blended.
- Layer half each of egg noodle mixture and ground beef mixture, starting with noodles, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350-degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle evenly with parmesan cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.