Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Eggs with southwestern flair.
- 1 egg
- 1 large tortilla
- 1⁄4 avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- salt and pepper (a sprinkle of chipotle or ancho powder is a great addition)
- Using a large biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut a 4" hole in the center of a large tortilla.
- Lightly toast tortilla on a non-stick skillet until toasted on each side.
- Drop a small amount of butter in the center of the tortilla and crack an egg over the butter.
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes; using a large spatula, flip entire tortilla and egg over and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of tortilla and egg and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to plate and serve with sliced avocado, salsa and sour cream; add salt and pepper to taste.