Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a moist, yummy cake perfect for those who can't have milk and/or eggs!
Make and share this Egg-free Milk-free Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Prepare an 8-inch-square cake pan by spraying with non-stick spray like Pam, or greasing.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add all liquid ingredients and combine with whisk just until blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Serve with Fluffy Frosting (recipe #12586 posted separately) or your favourite cake icing.
- Note: to make a layer cake, you'll need to double this recipe and bake in two pans.
I just tried this recipe this week, but I upped the cocoa to a full 1/4 cup and instead of water used soy milk for a richer flavor. I am definitely going to make it again!
yum! nice to have a cake with such simple ingredients, and sooo fast to make. I made this for a birthday party and everyone scarfed it down with many compliments to the cook. I did use 1/2 cup of cocoa because i really like chocolate, and it worked out well.
I've made this before - easy and excellent results: very moist. I have also been known to add a teasp of instant coffee for a subtle "mocha" flavor...