From Weight Watchers: 365-day Menu Cookbook. Makes 2 servings. A little different than what I usually see. This recipe includes brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup sliced scallion, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1In bowl, combine cabbage, rice, carrot, ¼ c scallions, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, and pepper.
- 2In separate bowl, beat eggs with 1 TBL soy sauce; stir into vegetable mixture. Spray nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat.
- 3Drop ¼ c batter for each pancake into heated skillet; cook, turning once, until brown on each side. Repeat until all batter is used.
- 4In small saucepan, combine broth, remaining 1 tsp soy sauce and ¼ c scallions. Bring to a boil; stir in dissolved cornstarch and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Serve sauce over pancakes.
Nutritional Facts for Egg Foo Yung
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.7
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 1131.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.8 g