Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very easy and tasty soup that takes no time to make. And healthy to boot! :) Enjoy!
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth (use a good quality stock)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea (baby peas are nice)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In saucepan, bring chicken stock and soy sauce to a boil. Add chicken, peas and green onion; bring to a boil again.
- Remove from heat; drizzle in egg in slow steady stream. Let sit for 1 minute for egg to set.
- Stir gently before ladling into bowls.
Made this for our dinner with Asian Chicken Wrap and it was ridiculously easy with wonderful results! It was definitely polished off in 4 servings and next time I will double. I added a tad more soy sauce, but otherwise followed the directions exactly. Make sure to pay close attention to the "slow steady stream" part. :) Made and reviewed for my teamie, Nif, for the No Nonsense Nibblers of ZWT 6!!
Astounding how fast, east and tasty this soup really is. I doubled the soya sauce (personal preference) and added a bit more chicken and peas.Thanks!
This soup is fantastic! So easy to make and tastes delicious. We love the soup we get at our favorite Chinese restaurant and this is as good if not better - thanks for sharing the recipe!