Michele's Spinach Egg Drop Soup
Nothing is more comforting on a cold winter's afternoon than a piping hot lunch, and this is just the thing to have. The nutmeg adds a wonderful "something" to this dish, and even those who aren't fond of spinach have complimented this recipe.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups vegetable broth (chicken broth can be substituted)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- Put Broth and spinach into a 4 quart pot.
- Bring to a simmer, breaking up the spinach until thawed.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, cheese and nutmeg with a fork.
- Bring soup up to a rapid boil and SLOWLY stir in the egg mixture unil the eggs are fully cooked and looks shredded.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I thought this was a good soup. I used chicken broth and I did add a clove of minced garlic and some black pepper. It still could use a little something....maybe chopped scallion or white onion? Overall, it is good, low-fat and VERY easy to make. Thanx for posting this one. I'll tweek and make it again.Reply