Traditional Egg Drop Soup
This is one of the simplest soups there is. But it is so comforting. I like that this one doesn't taste as thick and slimey. Why order from a Chinese Restaurant when you can do it quicker and better at home?
- Ready In:
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon scallion, finely sliced
- Bring broth and ginger to a boil.
- Whisk in beaten eggs. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Add scallions, stir.
- Serve steaming hot.
- You could add soy sauce to taste at the table.
- You could add finely sliced celery and grated carrots just before the eggs.That way you get some veggies inches Good idea with picky children.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
This is sooo easy and satisfying! I made as directed, making one serving out of a third of the recipe. Instead of canned chicken noodle soup, I'm thinking this will be my under-the-weather-pick-me-up soup; I'll just add some Ramen noodles at the beginning. Thanks, *Bellinda*! Made for Veggie Recipe Swap.
I am needing to find allergy free recipes (not dairy, wheat, lots more) for my 15 yo. This was perfect, except I only put onions on mine, as kids wouldn't like it and she's allergic to onions. Very easy to make and I added some browned cubes of chicken that I added a little curry powder to. Served with your recipe#382390 and it was a meal everyone loved (hard to come by lately). Made for V@gan Swap 8-09.