1/1 Photo of Egg and Potato Salad With Tarragon and Walnuts on Romaine (Cos)
Elegant and easy ladies' luncheon egg and potato salad with accents of tarragon and walnuts. Serve on arugula or romaine (aka Cos).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb new potato, scrubbed and quartered
- 8 fresh extra large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons shallots or 3 tablespoons leeks or 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, finely chopped (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper (to taste)
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce or 6 leaves cos lettuce or 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1In a large saucepan, over high heat, bring potatoes and enough water to cover to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes, let cool to room temperature.
- 2In a large saucepan, gently place eggs and fill with water to 1-inch above the eggs. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cover tightly for 15 minutes. Transfer eggs with a slotted spoon to a bowl of ice and cold water and let stand 5 minutes to cool. Peel eggs and coarsely chop.
- 3Combine eggs and remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, until well combined. Chill, covered tightly, until serving.
- 4To serve, rinse lettuce of choice and spin dry or dry between paper towels. Arrange one leaf of romaine (Cos) on each salad plate (or divide arugula among the plates), then top with a scoop of the egg and potato salad. Sprinkle some chopped walnuts on top.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg and Potato Salad With Tarragon and Walnuts on Romaine (Cos)
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.1
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 330.9 mg
- Sodium 338.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: