Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
In place of the celery, use the same amount of very finely chopped pecans, just make certain that you inform your guests of the nuts in case of nut allergies! Make certain to very finely chop all the onions, olives and celery. Plan ahead the egg mixture needs to chill for 24 hours to blend flavors before using for the sandwiches. There should be enough filling for 4-5 sandwiches (8-10 slices of bread) which will give you 16-20 small sandwich triangles, you can easily double the amount for more sandwiches.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped finely
- 8 large pimento stuffed olives (very finely chopped, or to taste)
- 1 small green onion, very finely chopped
- 1 small celery, very finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 10 slices white bread or 10 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- In another bowl mix together chopped eggs, green olives, green onion and celery until blended then add to the cream cheese; mix very well to blend, then add in ketchup; mix to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Lightly butter each slice of bread.
- Spread egg mixture onto one side of buttered bread slice, top with crust.
- Slice into 4 small triangles.
- Place on a platter then cover with plastic wrap.
- These can be prepared hours in advance and refrigerated.
These would be great for a gathering, easy to make, and taste good too!I reduced the recipe to make 2 servings. Thanks Kitten!