Recipe by DanDrake
Edamem stand in for lima beans in this one-dish meal. If you like spicy food, add 2 jalapeno peppers.
Top Review by sugarpea
Incredibly delicious. Plenty of flavor here and not a spec of sauce. Thought perhaps the dish would be dry or bland because there was no sauce, but that wasn't the case at all. Even though I'm a chile wimp, 2 large jalapenos were not too much. I positively adored this, Dan. Thank you so much.
- 1 1⁄2 cups edamame, blanched,shelled (can use 1 can of lima beans instead)
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, split lengthwise and cut into thin strips
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare edamame according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp/ Remove from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan; crumble bacon.
- Reduce heat to medium, add green pepper, onion, garlic and jalapeño to pan.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in edamame, corn, wine; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp, cook 5 minutes or until shrimp are done, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt and pepper; sprinkle with crumbled bacon and parsley.
- Serve immediately.