- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped Spanish onion (or other mild white onion)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh shelled edamame or 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups fresh corn or 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Note: If you are using frozen edamame, prepare first before making this dish. Usually that means boiling the beans in water (omit salt) for 5 minutes and draining.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and bell pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring as needed. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute continuing to stir.
- Stir in the corn, edamame and broth. Cook 4 minutes, still stirring.
- Remove pan from heat and add in the parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings as desired.
Join The Conversation