Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a quick way to jazz up yellow rice mix. I got this recipe from my mother-in-law, who is the master of quick but flavorful dishes. I use Vigo brand yellow rice,but others would work just as well. I make this as a side dish for mexican meals. It is colorful, easy, and super yummy!
- 8 ounces yellow rice mix
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 cup green olives, quartered
- In a large saucepan with a tight lid, bring 2 cups of vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add 8oz bag of Yellow Rice.
- Stir while boiling for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 cup of cooking sherry.
- Cover saucepan and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add diced red peppers and quartered olives.
- Stir and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve hot!
This did jazz up a pkg of mahatma yellow rice and the sherry note was highlighted. I served alongside Papa D's picadillo so didn't add the olives to the rice too. Thank you for sharing the recipe!