Yellow Rice With Vegetables and Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup peeled small shrimp
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan; add rice and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly golden, stirring frequently.
- Stir in chicken broth, TABASCO® Pepper Sauce, and turmeric; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer about 15 minutes or until most of the broth is absorbed.
- Stir in peas, green onions, tomato, olives and shrimp; cover and simmer for another 5 minutes or until rice is done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very easy and so pretty with the colors from the turmeric, peas, tomatoes, olives and shrimp. Very flavorful as well. I reduced the Tabasco by half for those who don't like things very spicy, then put the Tabasco bottle on the table for those who wanted to add extra. I also like that everything is prepared in one pan, really reducing the cleanup time.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love food and cooking!