Recipe by Geema
I am looking forward to trying this super simple soup from Eden foods with some additions of my own.
Top Review by drhousespcatcher
It was just a bit too bland for me. The flavor seemed to wash out for some reason. I added about 2 Tbsp of Durkee Garden seasoning, chili powder and some 7 pepper seasoning. It just didn't pick up the seasoning right. Husband liked it. I rated it ok. Next time I might try putting in butter beans in place of the Navy for a bit richer taste and putting in some of Miller's Thermonuclear seasoning. That might work.
- 2 (29 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans or 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 milk or 1⁄2 soymilk
- sea salt
- fresh pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash dried chipotle powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 cups julienned corn tortilla strips, fresh or baked until crispy.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beans and tomatoes in a blender and puree until creamy.
- Pour into a medium saucepan, add milk, and season with salt, pepper, garlic and chipotle.
- Turn the heat to medium, stirring frequently, and bring almost to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish each with cilantro and tortilla strips.