Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fun way to add vegan protein to your spaghetti! From Vegetarian Meals for People-on-the-Go by Vimala Rodgers. Feel free to add other Italian seasonings.
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained, blotted, and mashed
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats, uncooked (make gluten free by changing to cooked rice or rice flakes or crushed corn flakes)
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (or any oil for frying)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium mixing bowl and use your hands to mix well. Shape into 1 1/2" balls, and roll in mixture of corn starch and nutritional yeast.
- Saute balls in oil until browned. Add to your favorite pasta dish!
Made these, but as usual, I didn't read properly so added the 1/2 cup nutritional yeast to the mix and added some other spices and they were AMAZING!
Delicious. I didn't have corn starch so I used flour. It was so tasty and I can see how you can make numerous variations of this dish with different spices!
delicious! didn't have nutritional yeast, so i added some extra braggs and italian seasoning with lots of thyme. it was super tasty.