Recipe by KadesMom
Very easy and exceptionally good. My hubby is a chef and he absolutely loves these. UPDATED: After review about cooking time, adjusted the cooking time below and made them again. Perfect.
- 4 green peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup white rice, cooked
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off tops of peppers and cut in half, lengthwise.
- Put peppers in saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef, onions and garlic until browned.
- Add rice (2 cups prepared), tomato sauce and seasonings and cook on low until heated through.
- Place green peppers in a casserole dish and spoon filling into peppers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes loosely covered by tinfoil.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake another 5-10 minutes until melted.