Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful easy bread. It freezes well too.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sugar (scant)
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil (scant)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) packagespackages frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Form hole in middle. Mix eggs and oil and pour in hole.
- Add berries and mix by hand. Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf tins and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours, or until done.
- Cool before cutting. Great with cream cheese. Bread may be frozen.
EXCELLENT recipe! The cinnamon really adds another layer to an already great tasting bread. NOTE - I cut up approx 1 cup of strawberries and added to mixture, added about 1/2 cup more flour as well. This tints the bread red a bit and instead of getting bites of strawberry, the entire bread tasted great, and even better when you get a chunk of berry.
This is a wonderful recipe. Going to try peaches today.