Strawberry Bread & Strawberry Butter
photo by Deb G
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package whole frozen strawberries, thawed & drained (they will mash in the mixer)
- 1 (10 ounce) package strawberries, thawed & drained
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt & soda.
- Combine eggs, oil & strawberries.
- Add to dry ingredients. Use a mixer and mix together.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9”x5” loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean.
- Serve with strawberry butter.
- Combine ingredients & blend with mixer. Serve with strawberry bread & enjoy.
- Note: This makes a lot more than needed for 1 loaf of bread. Store in a container in the freezer when not using. It lasts for a long time in the freezer. No need to thaw before next use. Just scrape some off with a butter knife and spread. (I like it better when it is a little frozen.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW, this bread is great on it's own. Very very moist. Everyone in my family loved it. I made the strawberry butter also and my grown daughters were eating it on everything, inlcuding the dinner rolls. Simply put, this is one of the best breads I've ever made and will be making this one over and over. Great use for the flat of strawberries I bought from the Ponchatoula strawberry festival. I made two loaves and wish I had made more. Watch out though because that strawberry butter is addictive, just ask my daughters. Thanks Jennifer for posting this great recipe
Made 1 loaf to give to my strawberry-loving sister, and it smelled and looked so good I had to make one for us, too! It is easy to make and very moist and tasty. I did make the strawberry butter and gave half to my sister and kept half for us. As good as the bread is without it, it really is even better with it. My favorite way to eat this bread is to lightly toast a slice in the oven, then coat it with the strawberry butter. Great for breakfast or a snack.
see 4 more reviews