Spicy Mussels With White Wine and Garlic Sauce
photo by gourmandelle
- Ready In:
- 1 kg mussels, unshelled
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 small dry chili peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 glass white wine
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt (optional, It is just as delicious dairy free, Your choice!)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parsley or dill, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add diced onion. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the mussels, chili, wine, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Sauté until cooked; about 20 minutes, not really sure.
- Add lemon juice, chopped herbs and yogurt (optional). Stir well.
- Best served with roasted veggies or baked potatoes with julienne onion on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I started my food blog in order to share with you my knowledge about having a healthy lifestyle. First of all you must know that I don’t fit in any eating-related categories like vegetarian, vegan, raw vegan and so on. I just eat what I consider to be healthy. I am more like a dairy-free vegetarian. On my blog you'll find many delicious and healthy recipes which will help you maintain a balanced diet.</p>