Delicious Strawberry Bread
A great quick bread, dissappears before you know it.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup strawberry, pureed (2-10 oz pkgs frozen or 2 pints fresh)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, combine strawberry puree, eggs and oil.
- Blend in sugar, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Add flour.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5" loaf pans.
- Bake 40-50 minutes at 350F.
- Cool completely before removing from pans.
- Serve with sweetened cream cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a good strawberry bread, though mine turned out a little dry and crumbly for some reason. I made a half recipe and added in some almonds and almond extract which I thought added in well. I liked that the strawberries were pureed as the chunks of strawberries usually turn into weird slimy pieces in my strawberry bread or muffins. Thanks for posting!Reply
Delish! Made just a few variations - substituted half the oil for applesauce, used the advised cup of strawberry puree and then added 3-4 berries finely chopped to the batter just before pouring into pans. The batter was just right to jeekp the pieces from sinking and added to the 'berriness'. REALLY good. Thanks for the recipe!Reply
see 20 more