Berry-Smash Muffins (Strawberry Muffins)
These are very easy, fun for kids, and taste great! From The Rainbow Bakery children's cookbook by Gold Medal.
- Ready In:
- 1 2⁄3 cups fresh strawberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Put a paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or grease just the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
- Slightly smash strawberries in large bowl, using fork.
- Stir in sugar, oil and eggs until mixed.
- Stir in other ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown or toothpick poked in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Loosen sides of muffins from pan if needed, and take them out of the pan.
- Makes 12 muffins.
- Tip: If you do not have fresh strawberries, you can use frozen strawberries that you have thawed and drained.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Family favorite recipe. We love using these with strawberries that need to be used up or if we have any in the freezer. I find they work better with the frozen ones as extra juice to make them super moist. I've even done them with blueberries and raspberries as well as a mix of fruit. Only thing I change is I add a teaspoon of vanilla to it.Reply
The muffin recipe is a skeleton of what you need to do. You need to chop strawberries, whisk eggs, and whisk dry ingredients. There is no baking power. The muffins fall apart if you literally don’t crush your strawberries to get out the acidic juices that mix with the baking soda. The muffins burnt. Cook at a lower level in your oven. These were tasty but I won’t be making this recipe again.Reply
These were very easy to make and turned out very well. As others have mentioned, they were not very sweet, but that was OK. I made them in the large muffin tins because we wanted bigger muffins - baked just about 2 minutes longer. I sprinkled with turbinado sugar because I always do. It added a nice crunch and added a little extra sweetness. THANKS for a good, EASY recipe!Reply
see 269 more