Chocolate-Strawberry Bread Mediterranean Style
This bread also includes dates and pistachios, which is why I called it Mediterranean style. All the flavors are there and seem to compliment each other making a mild tasting bread.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped coarsely
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio nut, chopped finely
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, melted
- Add 1/8 C of the sugar to the strawberries and let stand while combining other ingredients.
- Beat the remaining sugar, eggs, oil, and yogurt together.
- Stir in the pistachio nuts - I ground mine almost to a powder in the food processor.
- Sift together the flour, soda, salt and cinnamon and stir into the sugar mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla, dates and the standing strawberries with any juice.
- Lastly, stir in the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
A lovely, moist tea bread where none of the ingredients overwhelm each other but rather compliment each other. Since I am on a low cholesterol diet, I had to substitute 1/2 cup cholesterol-free liquid egg for the eggs and instead of using a square of chocolate, I blended together 3 tbsp. of cocoa with an extra tablespoon of vegetable oil but none of this detracted from the taste. My husband loved it! I will definitely make this again.Reply
see 7 more