Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have food allergies and had been searching for a biscotti recipe that had an authentic flavour and didn't contain almonds, the fact that this recipe is easy makes it even better. I like the simplicity of it. This recipe is courtesy of the Ciraco family in New York.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat each egg in well one at a time.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients in a seperate bowl mix well and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix until a dough is formed.
- Turn out onto floured surface, lightly knead and divide into 3 loaves 8-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 3/4-in.
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil and grease, place loaves onto baking sheets and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow loaves on foil to cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Once cooled place on a cutting board and slice 3/4 diagonal slices.
- Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes or until golden; turn and bake an additional 8 minutes.
- Cool slices on wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
excellent recipe! let cool in between cooking times. no need to frost..really delicious!