Gluten Free EASY Sour Cream Coffee Cake
photo by ciavyn
- Ready In:
- 1 yellow cake mix, gluten free (I use Aldi's)
- 3 eggs, large
- 1 cup greek-style plain yogurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups gluten-free flour (I used Pamela's Baking Mix)
- 1 1⁄4 cups dark brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, chilled
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x12 baking pan (I used a glass pan--adjust your baking time according to your pan's needs).
- Combine crumb topping dry ingredients and blend with a spatula. Then cut butter into 1/4 inch pats. Add to dry topping and crumb (use a knife to cut into the butter chunks until they are mixed and the mixture is crumbly throughout.).
- Blend cake mix with all cake ingredients until smooth. Add 1/4 cup milk (non-dairy substitute is fine) if necessary for smooth batter. Batter should be thick, a little hard to maneuver, and should "glop" off the spatula.
- "Glop" half the batter onto the greased baking pan and spread over the bottom--this will be tricky, so take your time. It doesn't need to be perfect--just cover the bottom. Sprinkle half of crumb over this layer.
- Spread the rest of the batter over the crumb. If you have an #epicfail moment, just mix everything together in the bottom gently and accept that ugly is yummy, too. Then add the rest of the crumb mixer to the top of your batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until the center is 180 degrees on a meat thermometer (these work great for baking!) Then try, just TRY, to keep your loved one(s) from consuming all of this cake in one sitting. I dare you -- .
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!