Recipe by arroz241_11561377
I don't know the origin of this recipe, but I've been making it for years, and it was always a family favorite. You can use as much, or as little, cheese as you like and any combination of cheese that suits you. I usually put parmesan down as my first layer, top that with shredded cheddar and then top that with some shredded mozzerella. (I like cheese). I have always used 1 1/2 cups of the dried elbows, 'cause I like my dish a little thicker. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 4 -6 ounces shredded cheese, or
- 4 -6 ounces shredded cheese, combination
- parmesan cheese, cheddar, mozzerella, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute ground beef in 12" skillet, until browned, drain most of grease.
- Add onions and (peppers, if using ) cook 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes,with their liquid (break up tomatoes with fork or clean hands) and, corn with it's liquid and macaroni.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce heat to medium/low.
- Cover skillet and cook 20-30 minutes until macaroni is tender. (may need to stir occassionally).
- Stir in chili powder and garlic salt, blend well.
- Top with cheese, or cheeses, heat covered for about 5 minutes, or until.
- cheese is melted.
- Note: May use garlic powder instead of garlic salt, and then just add salt to taste. If dish seems a little dry as it cooks, may add additional water.