Santa Fe Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Very flavorful, easy to prepare soup recipe. I don't know the origin of this recipe. I got it from a friend.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large white onion
- 2 (1 ounce) packages dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans corn niblets
- brown beef with chopped onion and drain.
- mix all ingredients (do not drain cans) together.
- bring to a boil.
- cover and simmer 30 minutes minimum.
- top servings with sour cream and shredded cheddar if desired.
- serve with tostida scoops.
- This recipe can be cut in half by using one can of everything, one each of seasoning pkgs and half a can of rotel.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very easy to make. I leave out the Rotel tomatoes and the black beans and use kidney beans in their place, which adds color too. As white onions can worsen arthritis, I only use yellow onions; the stronger the onion the sweeter it is after cooking. I serve this with a heaping spoonful of sour cream, a generous sprinkle of grated aged cheddar and a big fist full of Fritos on top. The longer you keep this, the more robust the flavor becomes. (Save up to a week). It freezes VERY WELL. It truly is a crowd pleaser and kids love it. One of the best all around fall and winter recipes I have in my recipe box.Reply
see 2 more