Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can make this in one pan in minutes.
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- 2 -3 whole white mushrooms, rinsed & diced
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, diced
- salt and black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1 clove garlic powder, to taste
- 1 (9 ounce) bagwashed & ready to eat spinach
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, cubed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion, mushroom and garlic in bacon grease until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper, and garlic powder if not using fresh garlic.
- Add entire bag of spinach and gently mix, then cover and reduce heat to low.
- After a few minutes when spinach has wilted, add cream and cream cheese and gently stir until cream cheese chunks have melted into the sauce.
Loved this:) Easy to make. Didn't have the mushrooms, but will have some next time I do make this. I think that 2 ounces of cream cheese will be enough. The 4oz for a 9 ounce bag just seemed like to much. When I first but the spinach in I thought it was way to much, but boy does it cook down :) Thanks for sharing such a tasty recipe.
Personally I loved this, it was very good. I used tofutti cream cheese and silk creamer, and some Romano cheese. Thanks for this, I'll make it again.
We loved this, I didnt have bacon grease so used olive oil, I also used less cream cheese as it was all I had, the result was still creamy and tasted great. Putting this in my favourite file, thanks for sharing.