Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My friend Joyce & I skipped beauty school one day and exchanged recipes instead! I love this quiche recipe she gave me. It doesn't require any fresh seafood.
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, chopped
- 1 can shrimp, drained
- 1 can crabmeat, drained
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 pint light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the cheese in bottom of the pie shell.
- In a bowl, mix the cans of seafood.
- Then spinkle on top of the cheese in the shell.
- Add the onions on top of the seafood.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and then pour in the pie shell.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
This is really prett, fast and easy to do. It would be nicer with non-canned seafood of course, but I had everything to make this in the house. I did add some "herbs for fish" from a frozen box of mixed herbs. One day, when I'm feeling rich, I'll do it with the fresh seafood!