Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom's recipe for quiche, easy and delicious! You can add pretty much any kind of veggies or meat to this recipe to suit your own tastes.
- For crust, combine flour and salt. Add shortening and cut in with pastry blender until dough resembles cornmeal. Add water one tablespoon at a time just until dough sticks together. Roll out on floured surface and place in greased 9 inch pie plate, crimping edges.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For filling, fry onions in a skillet just until tender.
- Place onions and cheese in pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, salt, flour and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour over onions and cheese.
- Bake quiche in 350 F oven for 40-45 minutes.
This is a great recipe. Easy and versatile. Immensely enjoyed in our house. Will make again! Thanks for sharing.
I made this last night for dinner and served it with a salad. I did add sliced mushrooms, chopped red pepper and some minced garlic to the onions as they sauteed. I then added some ham because my husband wanted some "meat". As you said it is easy and delicious! Thank you for posting this recipe. Made for Spring Pac 09.