Classic Quiche Lorraine
photo by Egglands Best
- Ready In:
- 4 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 9 inches pie crusts (frozen or refrigerated dough)
- 1 cup low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust. If choosing to use a frozen crust, be sure it is completely thawed per package instructions. If you are using a refrigerated pie crust/dough prepare in a 9-inch glass or metal pie pan and set aside. Follow any package instructions for pre-cooking or pre-baking.
- Cook bacon slices in a medium pan on medium-high heat until crisp. Pat bacon dry with a paper towel and crumble. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream and milk and mix well until thoroughly blended.
- Combine shredded cheese, chopped onion, bacon, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add to egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into pie crust and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!