Easy Quiche Lorraine
- Ready In:
- unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (2 ounce) package pre-cooked bacon
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (low fat or fat free doesn't work here)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line pie crust with foil and prebake crust for 8 minutes. Let cool while you are preparing filling.
- Following package instructions, microwave pre-cooked bacon until crisp. Crumble the entire package into small pieces. This makes about 1 cup.
- Mix bacon, cheese, onion and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, pepper and evaporated milk in smaller bowl.
- Put cheese bacon mixture evenly in pie shell. Pour egg mixture evenly over cheese bacon mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes (or more) before serving. Makes 4 large or 6 moderate servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!