Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful, simple dessert, and so good served with ice cream or whipped cream! The ingredients may be doubled to serve more than four.
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch clove
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 4 -5 medium firm pears, peeled and cut into about 1/2-inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (or to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened (no subs!)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a mixing bowl combine first 6 ingredients; add in milk and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in chopped pears and pecans; toss to combine.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- In another bowl combine brown sugar, butter and water; pour over the batter in the dish.
- Bake, uncovered for about 45 minutes.