Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I remember a version of this dessert from my teenage years as "Better than Robert Redford" but I think it's time to update the name a bit. ;) It *is* pretty darn tasty, after all.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) carton dessert topping (Cool Whip)
- 2 (3 3/4 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 13"x9" pan.
- Combine crust ingredients (if you like, you can add 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts to the crust).
- Press crust mixture into the greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set aside, and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy.
- Fold in half of the dessert topping (Cool Whip) and carefully spread over the cooled crust.
- In another bowl, with an electric mixer beat together the pudding mix and milk at medium speed until thick (5-7 minutes).
- Pour slowly and carefully over cheese layer, using a spatula to spread without mixing with the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top and decorate as you wish with chopped pistachios, chocolate shavings, etc.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours or over night before serving.
- Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- You can also include a layer of crushed pineapple in the dessert.
What a hit this was; used to make this all the time when my boys were growing up; they were happy to taste it again. I added chopped pistacchio to the crust and sprinkled toffee bits on top. Fantastic! SO sorry I forgot to tke a picture.
Had this at a potluck. Splendid.
This was very tasty! I added some ground almonds to the crust as well as sprinkled them onto the top layer. Very good!