Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my compilation to suit our tastes and busy schedule. I can have it ready to eat in 15 min. They are great for those mornings when we are running to school and someone yells, "I haven't had breakfast!" Also awesome in lunch boxes.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cereal, raisins and coconut. Stir.
- In a separate, microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup.
- Microwave on high 2 minute and stir. Microwave another 1-2 minute until mixture boils and sugar dissolves. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour the sauce over the dry ingredients and mix well. Allow it to cool long enough to not melt the chocolate chips, then stir them in also.
- Turn out onto the cookie sheet. Wet your hands under cold water and press into the pan.
- Cut into bars. They can be eaten immediately, but they will set up more as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
- Variations: Can use 2 cups each of Cheerios, Rice Krispies, and Corn Flakes instead of 6 cups crisp rice cereal. This is a nice taste variation but it is more crumbly.