Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe and kept loosing it--and let me tell you, you don't want to lose this delicious toffee recipe. They are quick and easy, but make sure you have a candy thermometer before you start.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 14.79 ml corn syrup
- 29.58 ml water
- 118.29 ml almonds
- 3 (138.34 g) milk chocolate candy bars
- Combine butter, brown sugar, sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Microwave on high 2-2½ minutes until butter is melted.
- Stir well to blend butter and sugar.
- Stir in 1/3 cup almonds.
- Microwave on high for 9-11 minutes until the temperature reaches 300°F.
- Pour on to a baking sheet.
- Break candy bars into small pieces and sprinkle them on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining almonds on the top also.
- Let toffee cool until it hardens, then break it up into small pieces and enjoy.
Perfect and so easy. After stirring the butter and sugar, the second cooking time took only 7 more minutes to come to 300 degrees in my microwave (1000 watts).
Ok maybe I need to be a child to make this. One of the reviewers said so easy a child could make it, and me being a 40 something woman, it was a complete disaster. There's a rain storm going on outside and all of our doors and windows are open due to the toffee mix burning. And that was only nine minutes in the microwave! Not sure what I could have done different as it is a simple enough recipe and directions. I think I will stick to my old fashioned tried and true method.
SOOOO easy and SOOOO good! Thanks! I used sliced almonds. I wish the chocolate had covered the whole thing, so I think next time I'll use a little more and then spread it. So good though. Thank you!