Perfect Easy Microwave Applesauce
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
4 cups (approx)
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Place apples in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Add in 1/4 cup water, cinnamon (start with 1/2 teaspoon) and nutmeg, if using; stir to combine.
- Cover with heavy microwave-safe plastic wrap (leave a little side opened to allow steam to escape).
- Microwave on HIGH power for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and stir the apples, then contine to microwave uncovered until apples are very tender (about 5-6 minutes longer).
- Using a large fork (I use a potato masher for this) coarsley mash apples to desired texture.
- Add in sugar to taste while the apples are still hot; mix well to combine.
- Bring to room temperature and then refrigerate for up to two days, or freeze in plastic freezer containers.
Wonderful recipe! I used a dish as a lid over a glass bowl--don't like to use plastic. Used four apples, 1/8 cup water, juice of half a small lemon, no sugar, and put mixture through large holes of a strainer. (There are just the two of us). Plenty sweet. Love that you don't have to worry about scorching or babysit the pot.