Recipe by londongavchick
I got this recipe off of a jell-o flyer from the grocery store. I tried it out and substituted some things to take to a picnic. It went over really well -- even to those who had no idea how low fat it was!
Top Review by Kasha
Wonderful! We are already planning to make this again for company tomorrow as 1 made half a recipe and there won't be enough left. I'm in France so had to make a few changes: I sliced up the strawberries, but I didn't think there was enough juice so I dissolved some low sugar strawberry jam in hot water and added that, also, no fat free whipped topping here so I used fromage blanc sweetened with Splenda. It was very easy to make and put together and tasted great. No one would know it was low fat, or in my case, almsot sugar free too. GREAT RECIPEÂ§Â§ It will see many other incarnations with other fruit in my house too. I can imagine peaches, apricots, maybe blueberries....
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups cold skim milk
- 2 (1 ounce) packages sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix, fat free jello brand
- 2 (7 ounce) packages ladyfingers, split
- 8 ounces fat-free whipped topping (or strawberry topping)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sliced strawberries with water in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator until strawberries are chilled and have softened and have given up their juices, about an hour.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add milk and beat until well blended.
- Add pudding mix and beat on low speed for about a minute or until blended.
- Line the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan with half of the lady fingers.
- Lightly brush the tops of the lady fingers with some of the juice from the strawberry mixture.
- Top with layers of half each of the pudding mixture, whipped topping and strawberries.
- Repeat all layers, arranging the strawberries on top.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until ready to serve.