Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
An easy to fix chili using left over turkey and handy ingredients. I tweaked a weight watcher's recipe for this. If you want the results more soupy, add more water. Can use masa harina to thicken if desired.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 cups turkey breast, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 0.5 (3 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Heat olive oil.
- Saute onion and pepper until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add all other ingredients, except lime juice.
- Add 1 to 2 cans of water, simmer about 10 minutes,or until heated through.
- Add salt and chili powder or pepper to taste.
- Stir in lime juice.
Enjoyed this seeing it was a good night to cook this...damp and rainy. I did leave out the black olives, used some northern beans that I had on hand, and subbed green peppers for the yellow peppers. Very flavorful chili, and with some potato stuffing.
Delicious quick and easy chili. I used left over ground turkey. I also left out the olives mainly because I didn't notice I needed them, and didn't have any in stock. I used red and white kidney beans as that was what I had on hand and skipped the cilantro since I don't care for that herb. Made for Potluck Tag.
We really enjoyed this. Left out the olives I'm not a big fan. Easy to make and quick. Posted for Fall PAC 2009. Thanks.