Recipe by Linky
An easy to fix chili using left over turkey and handy ingredients. I tweaked a weight watcher's recipe for this. If you want the results more soupy, add more water. Can use masa harina to thicken if desired.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Enjoyed this seeing it was a good night to cook this...damp and rainy. I did leave out the black olives, used some northern beans that I had on hand, and subbed green peppers for the yellow peppers. Very flavorful chili, and with some potato stuffing.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 cups turkey breast, cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 0.5 (3 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil.
- Saute onion and pepper until onion starts to turn translucent.
- Add all other ingredients, except lime juice.
- Add 1 to 2 cans of water, simmer about 10 minutes,or until heated through.
- Add salt and chili powder or pepper to taste.
- Stir in lime juice.