Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is very easy to make and kids love it.
- 1 box Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1⁄4 chopped onion (optional)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- milk (1 soup can full)
- Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed.
- Brown ground beef and onions, drain after cooking.
- In casserole dish, combine ground beef, onions, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup, and 1 can of milk.
- Stir until blended.
- Add macaroni and cheese and stir until blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes.
I made to recipe but I topped with some shredded cheese. I thought it was great, but my wife didn't care for it.
I've been making this dish for my family and in home daycare kids for years. It is simple to make and anyone that likes mac and cheese will like it. We leave out the mushrooms, but sometimes add some fresh broccoli before baking. Yummy! Easy to double and you can stretch your food dollar with some extra macaroni.
This was so easy and cheap to make. My kids thought this was the best. DH and I liked it and will make again for the easy and convenience of it. THank you for posting.