Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is how my grandma taught me to make french toast growing up. It's a quick, simple recipe that uses ingredients most people have on hand.
- Break eggs into a pie plate and lighty beat.
- Stir in milk, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Heat skillet over med/high heat.
- Grease skillet with butter, lightly covering the bottom.
- Place one piece of bread in the egg mixture.
- Quickly flip so that both sides are coated, making sure not to soak up too much.
- Cook in skillet until each side is light to medium brown.
- Repeat steps as you make room in the skillet.
- You may need to grease the skillet again between batches.
- Serve warm with syrup and powdered sugar if desired.
very easy & simple to make, & very delicious :) i added a little cinnamon sugar on after cooking for extra sweetness.. will definitely make again