1/1 Photo of Easy French Toast
Chef #719880's Note:
This is how my grandma taught me to make french toast growing up. It's a quick, simple recipe that uses ingredients most people have on hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break eggs into a pie plate and lighty beat.
- 2Stir in milk, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- 3Heat skillet over med/high heat.
- 4Grease skillet with butter, lightly covering the bottom.
- 5Place one piece of bread in the egg mixture.
- 6Quickly flip so that both sides are coated, making sure not to soak up too much.
- 7Cook in skillet until each side is light to medium brown.
- 8Repeat steps as you make room in the skillet.
- 9You may need to grease the skillet again between batches.
- 10Serve warm with syrup and powdered sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 241.0 mg
- Sodium 374.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 13.7 g