Extra Crispy French Toast
photo by cmeka30
- Ready In:
10 french toasts
- Mix together the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix in the eggs and milk to the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon mixture.
- Heat a deep, large skillet, fill up with Canola Oil just enough to cover the Texas toast thick bread.
- If the oil smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- With tongs, dip the slice of bread into the batter for 30 to 45 seconds or more, depending on how crispy you want it!
- Let the oil drip off, as much as possible.
- To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter and hot syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!