This recipe has the trinity in it that is what makes it creole cooking. After reading Derf's review, I set out to find what other Creole recipes used for spices. I found most used garlic and either chili powder, red pepper or Tabasco sauce. So you might want to add 2 cloves of garlic and one of the other pepper spices to put a kick into this recipe. Let me know which pepper and how much you use.
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, saute onion, celery, and green pepper for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, garlic and brown Sugar Twin.
- Add fish and mix gently to combine.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For each serving, place 1/2 cup rice on a plate and spoon about 1 full cup fish mixture over top.