Savoury Cheese Swirls
photo by Ninna
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 230degC(450degF).Correction: 200degC (400degF).
- Sift flour and salt together; rub butter in lightly with finger tips.
- Pour nearly all the milk in, saving a little for glazing and quickly mix to a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly and quickly; roll out into a slab about 12" by 6" and sprinkle with cheese, shallots, salt and paprika.
- Roll up starting with long side, cut into 1 1/2" or 2" slices; arrange, close together on paper lined baking tray, glaze with the rest of the milk and cook 10 - 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi I’m Glen and I live in Sydney with my wonderful husband Ross. We have eight beautiful grandchildren, two of them live near us in Sydney, two live in Western Australia, two more live in Queensland and another two in northern NSW. I can't imagine how I ever managed before I found Zaar - I use it regularly to plan meals and find new and interesting recipes and most important of all to keep track of our family favourites. <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://wmg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://wmg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/1159781795.pbw" height="240" width="360"></embed> The photos are of our beautiful grandchildren. <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://wmg.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://wmg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/1160294339.pbw" height="360" width="360"></embed> <a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/rglgrl/Collagez520-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting">