Recipe by Shelley Lee
This is a quick weeknight recipe with only a few ingredients but lots of possibilities. Goes together quickly, then in the oven while you prepare sides and garnish. We poured the salsa chicken over jasmine rice in homemade baked tortilla bowls, garnished with shredded cheddar cheese. Yummy! Can be served with Spanish rice, garnished with cheese, black olives and green onions! Endless!
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Fall PAC 2012 and what a winner! I did cut the recipe down for DH and I but followed the instructions and as suggested served over rice in baked tortilla bowls, garnished with cheese, black olives, green onions, avocado and sour cream....YUMMY! Thank you for posting.
- 10 chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagelow salt taco seasoning
- 8 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken tenders with 1/3 of the taco seasoning.
- Brown tenders thoroughly in hot oil, remove from pan to a baking dish prayed with non-stick spray.
- Pour salsa into skillet, add remaining taco seasoning and stir to warm.
- Pour salsa over chicken, cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let chicken sit for 5 minutes then stir in sour cream.
- You can break the chicken up into bite size pieces or shred it if you like.
- Serve over hot rice, regular or Spanish style, garnished with shredded cheese, black olives, chopped green onion, etc.