Shelley Lee's Note:
This is a quick weeknight recipe with only a few ingredients but lots of possibilities. Goes together quickly, then in the oven while you prepare sides and garnish. We poured the salsa chicken over jasmine rice in homemade baked tortilla bowls, garnished with shredded cheddar cheese. Yummy! Can be served with Spanish rice, garnished with cheese, black olives and green onions! Endless!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat chicken tenders with 1/3 of the taco seasoning.
- 2Brown tenders thoroughly in hot oil, remove from pan to a baking dish prayed with non-stick spray.
- 3Pour salsa into skillet, add remaining taco seasoning and stir to warm.
- 4Pour salsa over chicken, cover and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 5Let chicken sit for 5 minutes then stir in sour cream.
- 6You can break the chicken up into bite size pieces or shred it if you like.
- 7Serve over hot rice, regular or Spanish style, garnished with shredded cheese, black olives, chopped green onion, etc.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy Salsa Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 1421.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast tenders