Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is tasty on it's own, but is also really good with some cubed cooked ham or bacon added.
- 4 large potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (11 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn kernels, drained
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cover potatoes, celery and onion with water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Without draining any water, add all remaining ingredients and simmer for another 20 minutes.
Loved this! It's hearty and filling just with the veggies. I made this as written, using frozen corn instead of canned. I also added a little thyme. It was very tasty and had a touch of natural sweetness from both the corn and creamed corn. Thanx for sharing!
Made this today for lunch and it was an easy and tasty chowder. I cut it in half (still some for tomorrows lunch) and I used fresh corn for the regular can corn but followed the directions on the rest. Next time I will fry up some bacon and saute the vegetables in some of the grease for flavor then finish cooking everything. Also I think I would add some parsley and maybe some curry. Made for New Kids on the Block.