Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I have perfected this recipe over the years and it is one of my kid's favorite recipes of mine. We top it with cheese and serve with garlic bread. Mmmmm good!
- 6 -8 medium russet potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, minced
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Add chopped potatoes to large pot (should be large enough to add all potatoes and only be half full).
- Cover potatoes with water. Water should come about 1 inch over potatoes.
- Add 1 can of corn, carrots, chicken base, thyme, tarragon, onion powder, garlic salt and salt and pepper to pot.
- Boil until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, put other can of corn in a blender along with half & half and flour.
- Blend until creamy.
- When potatoes are tender add creamy mixture to pot, while stirring.
- Turn heat down to medium low for 10 minutes, then serve.
- Serve by itself or top with cheese and eat it with bread!