Recipe by Sorrie Lue
This is the simplest cake I have ever made but you can easily dress it up and look impressive. I have been making this for over 20 years and only recently realized it's vegan! Just top with powdered sugar or fruit instead of whipped topping.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, Rounded
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 10 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water, Ice Cold
- whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two 8 inch or one 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over top and whisk until smooth. It will be "runny".
- Pour batter into pans and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and decorate as desired.