Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and so satisfying. This is our idea of comfort food! Not exactly low in calories and very rich! :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup cream
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper
- additional freshly grated parmesan cheese
- to taste fettuccine, cooked
- Melt butter in skillet and saute chicken which has been cut into 2 inch chunks.
- When chicken begins to take on color, add garlic and green onions.
- Saute a few minutes being careful not to burn garlic Add remaining ingredients except parsley, cover and simmer over low heat until mixture thickens (you may need to add a little more parmesan cheese if you like it thicker) and chicken is tender and cooked all the way through.
- Serve over cooked and drained fettuccine.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, lots of cracked black pepper and additional parmesan cheese if desired.
It's a great recipe & affordable & very easy. Thank you so much!! I made 165 servings for my sister's event, and everyone loved it. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
I thought this was very good and easy to make. I did think it needed more sauce so added more half-and-half and cheese proportionately. I also thought the sauce was a bit thin so I thickened it. I will make this again.