Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so easy and so satisfying. This is our idea of comfort food! Not exactly low in calories and very rich! :)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup cream
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper
- additional freshly grated parmesan cheese
- to taste fettuccine, cooked
- Melt butter in skillet and saute chicken which has been cut into 2 inch chunks.
- When chicken begins to take on color, add garlic and green onions.
- Saute a few minutes being careful not to burn garlic Add remaining ingredients except parsley, cover and simmer over low heat until mixture thickens (you may need to add a little more parmesan cheese if you like it thicker) and chicken is tender and cooked all the way through.
- Serve over cooked and drained fettuccine.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, lots of cracked black pepper and additional parmesan cheese if desired.
It's a great recipe & affordable & very easy. Thank you so much!! I made 165 servings for my sister's event, and everyone loved it. Thank you so much for sharing. :)
I thought this was very good and easy to make. I did think it needed more sauce so added more half-and-half and cheese proportionately. I also thought the sauce was a bit thin so I thickened it. I will make this again.