1/2 Photos of Easy Chicken Curry
mary winecoff's Note:
My kids love chicken curry. If it is "sport night" I can stop at the store and pick up a whole barbecued chicken and have this on the table in 20 minutes. Leftovers taste even better. I serve it over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked chicken (I use a purchased whole barbecued chicken)
- 1Melt butter in large skillet over medium low heat.
- 2Add the onion, apple and garlic and mix well.
- 3cook, covered over low heat until the onion is tender and translucent, about 12 minutes.
- 4Add the curry powder to the onion mixture and mix well.
- 5Dissolve cornstarch in the milk and add it to the mixture.
- 6Add the chicken broth and mix well.
- 7Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened.
- 8Add the lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- 9Stir in the chicken and continue cooking until the chicken is heated through.
- 10Optional: Serve over rice with condiments such as chutney, raisins, diced bell peppers, cucumber, tomato, pineapple, papaya, mango, banana, kiwi, chopped scallions, hard-boiled eggs, peanuts or toasted almonds.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.8
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 299.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 28.5 g