Satay Chicken Curry
- Ready In:
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ground black pepper
- fresh coriander
- Cut chicken into pieces, place in a bowl.
- Blend all marinade ingredients, pour over chicken, stir.
- Cover with cling film, marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken and grill under preheated grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked, turning and brushing with marinade.
- Meanwhile, make peanut sauce by blending peanut butter, fish sauce, lime juice, chilli powder, and sugar.
- Pour into saucepan and cook gently for 5 minutes stirring occasionally, season to taste with pepper (and salt if you really must).
- Add chicken and stir through.
- Serve with rice, garnish with fresh coriander.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Superb. Exceptionally quick and easy...and delicious. Careful with the soy, it can easily make the final dish overly salty...I now use just 1 spoon as I have a very rich salty/dark soy on the shelves but perhaps 4 spoons is OK for lighter varieties...you can always add more in at the end as required.